Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Saturday Funfly

We had a great turnout for this event. Cloyce Mann was the contest director and we had many participants for this event. Although we had a full complement of planes on hand before 9:00AM, we had a late start for the competition. The first event was a spot landing contest. I brought my Sig LT-40 upgraded from a Evo 46 to an OS-55 AX (which proved to be too much power). Anyway it was plagued with nose wheel steering problems, until Mark Sullivan kindly removed his nose gear from his LT-40. That did the trick and I was able to compete in the spot landing competition. Unfortunately all this took valuable time that I didn't have. I had to stop at 11:00AM to run off to another club picnic in Canon City. I was supplying some of the picnic food, so I couldn't wait and had to leave. If anyone has the competition results or photos please add them to the site.

As a footnote, I spent several hours swapping out the engines back to the Evo 46 and rebuilding the nose gear. It appears to be much sturdier now and I'm anxious to give it a try. My next door neighbor, who was into RC years ago, wants to return to the hobby. I've offered him the use of the LT-40.


No comments:

Post a Comment