Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday March 25, 2012

Field workday update:

We had a TREMENDOUS turnout of  club members, friends and relatives that came out to the field on Saturday March 24, 2012 to work on whittling down some of the necessary maintenance list of items needing attention.

It started out at around 9AM when I arrived at the field and Buzz Haviland had just arrived ahead of me and was busy setting up his beautiful motor home, to be used as sort of a base of operations to supply people with a comfortable place out of the sun, and to be able to draw water from his supply tank system for use in mixing the concrete and washing up items that were used for the work day, such as brushes, rollers, shovels, and paint trays and the like.

I got busy right away starting to remove the orange snow-fence material from the T-posts at the front of the spectator area so that the newly donated split-rail cedar fencing from Bob White could be installed. I soon got sidetracked  away from that job, by helping all of the newly arriving people get organized and started on various tasks around the facility such as installing the new fencing and painting benches and tables and flight stands.

Once everyone got settled in doing a multitude of projects, I was kept busy assisting where needed, as all of the tasks were gaining momentum, and people were busy getting the needed repairs done. I was finally able to get a paint brush in hand for a good while working on painting the information kiosk at the entrance to the spectator area, along with the help from my Grandson Alex.
Alex had been working his tail off already all day long like a borrowed mule to begin with, and he just did not have the word "quit" in his vocabulary Saturday. I am so very grateful, pleased and proud of him for all of his great maturity and confidence he is starting to show, as he grows into being a fine young man. (Can anyone tell that Grandpa may be just a tiny wee-bit biased here?)

Next thing I know Saturday morning, and I realized that the place is coming together like I had so fervently hoped it would, prior to taking on this club appointment of Field Marshall.
It is really beginning to look like a well ran First Class facility again, as in the past, with all of the great improvements that everyone in the club has contributed towards, in so very many ways.

On the next page I will post tons of pictures that I was able to snap throughout the day, of the progress along the way of the Fremont County Radio Control Club's workday.

I would also like to say again to everyone involved, a very heartfelt THANK YOU for all that you have contributed and accomplished in such a short time, and with such pride showing.

I know for a fact I will be at the field flying and enjoying the fruits of all of our hard labor, on Sunday March 25,2012  with the good Lord willing and the creek and winds don't rise too high.
Mark J. Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment