Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Flying



I'm sorry that I missed flying on Saturday, but Sunday turned out to be a great day. Flying that day was Mark, Terry, Dennis and myself. Kenny showed up later but didn't fly.

I had the opportunity to test out my Great Planes Big Stick 40 I acquired from Cloyce this weekend. For the past many years I have had a Stick in my hanger and this plane fills my need. It is a great flyer and I am super pleased with the OS 55 AX power plant.  I cannot believe that this two stroke will reliably idle under 2,000 RPM. I got in three long flights today.


 Terry flew his unknown green biplane. He flew it very well and despite its size he was able to transport in the backseat of his car.












 Mark test flew his trainer he donated to the club. It appeared to be a good plane with a good engine. See the previous post from Mark for more details.

The temps got up there by the afternoon ... maybe high 80s to mid 90s. Bugs got a bit bad, but repellant kept them away.

A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment